What's new in Drupal World? Week #25 DrupalDevDays special
The big event of last week is of course the Drupal Dev days in Barcelona: not so many tweets about it though, but don't worry I've managed to find some interesting links!
New version for Commerce Kickstart
The CommerceGuys rolled out a version 2 of the Drupal Commerce installation profile, the new UI will surely amaze during client demos http://commerceguys.com/blog/sneak-preview-commerce-kickstart-v2
Barcelona DrupalDev days sessions
Here are the slides of the different sessions:
- Designing and building for the editor experience
- Stuff Drupal with Feeds and custom feeds plugins
- How to sleep without the server-crash-fear (High Availability and High Performance Hosting for Drupal)
- Introducing Symfony2
- Drush Workshop
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins and Aegir
- Mastering Drupal cache
- Drupal 8's Multilingual Wonderland
- Mapping with Drupal
- Drupalize Your Data: Use Entities!
- Content moderation workflow with Workbench
- Debugging 101: Tools & Techniques
- Drupal and nodejs - beyond chat
- Drupal Search and Solr Wizardry
- Staging with git and drush
WSCCI and Web Services
A sprint in Paris took place last week on Web Services in Drupal 8, here's the summary by @Crell. This sums up how you are going to code with the future entities in D8 and what protocol is discussed for providing Web Services in Drupal http://groups.drupal.org/node/237443
Twig in D8 core
Twig just got committed to Drupal 8 core http://drupalcode.org/project/drupal.git/commit/07e217036136e0bc3369c276...
New UI for string translation committed
The issue is finally pushed to 8.x, congratz! http://drupal.org/node/1452188
Drupal 8 Plugin architecture
A draft of D8 plugin architecture is on the way by EclipseGc http://drupal.org/node/1637614
A Drupal energy drink spotted
So that you can code harder, better, faster, stronger...